We have added the capability to upload results automatically via Dropbox. This enables timers to have their results automatically synced to RunSignup every minute if changes have happened to the result file.
The basic mechanism to implement this is:
- Connect your Dropbox account to RunSignup in the RunSignup Dashboard. This will create a special RunSignUp folder under the Apps Folder in Dropbox.
- Drag your file into that Dropbox folder. The file MUST have headers: Bib, First, Last, Gender, Age
- In RunSignup, select that file in Dropbox to connect it to a specific Event.
- RunSignup automatically parses the file. It can have more columns in addition to the required fields.
- On first sync, it does not show results. YOU MUST CHANGE THE DATA IN THE FILE TO CAUSE A FULL DATA SYNC.
- Afterward it syncs automatically.
- Syncing only works on Race Day and for 30 days after.
There are currently a few restrictions:
- You can not upload results the day before the race. We suggest that you set up a Draft race and use a test data set to play around this this first.
- A file may only be used on one Event. Do NOT use the same filename for multiple races or events.
Here are the detailed notes and screen shots. This is the main setup and configuration page:
Associating a Dropbox account with RunSignUp results.
Give the RunSignup Results App permission to access your Dropbox apps folder by clicking on this link: RunSignup Results App. (If you are not signed in to Dropbox, you will be prompted to Sign In)
Your Dropbox account is now associated with this race, and will remain associated until you change it. To change the Dropbox account associated with this race
- Log in to a different Dropbox account
- Return to this page, Results->Dropbox Results, on your race dashboard
- Click this Reset link
- Logging out of your Dropbox account, or changing who you are logged in as does not change the Dropbox account associated with this race until you reset it here.
You can always disable access to the RunSignup Results App from the Dropbox UI.
Configuring and uploading results
Upload a file with the expected header that will appear in your results, and a few rows of test data. In your Dropbox folder, Dropbox creates an “Apps” directory, with a “RunSignup Race Results” folder. Save your results files to the “RunSignUp Race Results” folder. Note: It is OK to create folders within the “RunSignup Race Results” folder to organize your files
Go to Results->Dropbox Results on your RunSignup race dashboard. Find the Dropbox File Test section. Select your file from the drop down and click “Test”. If there are any errors, edit the results file and re-upload to Dropbox.
The currently accepted format is CSV with a header of the columns. Column order does not matter as long as the headers are a recognized value.
Minimum headers REQUIRED are:
To upload results, Select the file from the drop down list and click “Save”
- Only one result set per event is currently supported.
- A file can only be associated with one event.
- This includes all races a Dropbox account is associated with.
Upload updated results file to Dropbox
- Results will only get posted after the event starts, and up to 30 days after the event end.
- Dropbox will only send RunSignUp a notification if the file changes, so re-uploading without any changes will not cause the results to update or post.
- Updates to results posted to Dropbox should show up on RunSignUp within 60 seconds.