Registrations for the 2023 RunSignup Winter Roadshow are open! As we announced in September, we are foregoing our traditional Symposium this year in favor of smaller events that allow us to reach more race directors and timers all around the country. We’re starting off with eleven Roadshow Stops between January and March, and you can sign up for one near you today.
2023 Winter Roadshow FAQ
Why are you doing the Roadshow instead of a Symposium?
Short answer: cost and accessibility to our customers.
The goals of our Symposium have always been to give us the opportunity to connect with customers in person and provide high quality education to our customers, and in a lot of ways, they accomplish those goals. But despite heavily subsidizing attendance costs to keep them the lowest in the industry, it can still be expensive for customers to travel to a Symposium and pay for lodging. With the endurance industry still recovering, we want to make it cheaper for customers around the country to meet us by coming to you.
Additionally, logistics and concentrations of customers have led to years of Symposiums on the east coast. The Roadshow makes it easier for customers in the Midwest and Western regions to join us, and helps us to meet more customers.
So, where are you going?
Our inaugural 2023 Winter Roadshow will have 11 Tour Stops:
Tampa, FL: 1/10/2023
Houston, TX: 1/18/2023
Denver, CO: 1/24/2023
Boston, MA: 1/28/2023
Fredericksburg, VA: 2/1/2023
Kansas City, KS: 2/16/2023
Atlanta, GA: 2/20/2023
Seattle, WA: 2/25/2023
Rochester, NY: 3/8/2023
Lansing, MI: 3/9/2023
Moorestown, NJ: 3/14/2023
You can find links to every stop at our Roadshow Hub: https://runsignup.com/TicketEvent/RunSignupRoadshow
What’s the format of each Roadshow Tour Stop?
Because all of the communities are a little different, the roadshow will look a little different in each location. But all of the stops will include:
- Educational Seminar: We’ll kick things off with a 1.5-2 hour educational seminar focused on the local running scene, a review of current industry trends, and an overview of key technology updates and the features we expect to be most important to your success in 2023.
- Networking Happy Hour: These isn’t all about talking at you – one of our priorities is to hear from you and learn about your challenges. We’ll conclude each session with 1.5-2 hours of networking time where we can catch up on the state of your business, and local race directors and timers can connect and collaborate.
Additionally, we will have some available one-on-on meetings available in the day before or after the event to allow you to sign up for more hands-on time reviewing your event(s) with a RunSignup team member. Sign ups for the one-on-one meetings will open for registered attendees in early January.
What do we get for attending?
In addition to the education and networking opportunities above, every attendee will get:
- Beverages and a casual meal (specifics vary by site)
- A hard copy of the 2022 RaceTrends Report (published in January 2023)
- A RunSignup Thank-You Gift
- Access to a curated set of digital education resources
Should I sign up if I’m not sure I can come?
Spots are limited, so we encourage signing up before they sell out – it’s free. However because spots are limited, please let us know if your plans change and you can no longer attend. You can contact us via the “Cancel My Ticket” button on each event, or by emailing email@example.com with your name and the location to cancel.
Can You Come to My Town, Too?
Maybe! We have a round of roadshow seminars planned for winter of 2023, but we’re hoping to expand the program in the future so we can meet even more of you where you are. We already have a list of potential future locations that customers have suggested, and if you want us to consider your town, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to our list of locations to consider.
Will these include Timer Certification and Education?
While the general sessions can be useful to timers that set up races on RunSignup and offer a broad range of services, these sessions will not go into depth on specific RaceDay tools like. Instead, we’re focusing our attention on timers through a series of Certification classes this winter. More details about the Timer Certifications and additional timer education options are coming soon, but you can register now for the following virtual certification classes:
- RunSignup Timer Certification (January 10, 2023 from 12:00pm ET-3:00pm ET)
- RaceJoy Timer Certification (January 17, 2023 from 12:00pm ET – 4:00pm ET)
- RaceDay Scoring Timer Certification (January 24, 2023 from 12:00pm ET – 4:00pm ET)
- RaceDay CheckIn & RaceDay Photos Certification (January 31, 2023 from 12:00pm ET-3:00pm ET)