Brand Your Website with GiveSignup
Did you know that you can use the alternate URL of GiveSignup.org for your event if you want to take the focus off the athletics (or if it’s not a run at all)? No extra steps are required: with our Single Sign On System for multiple brands, the race you create can be accessed from either RunSignup.com/MyRace or GiveSignup.org/MyRace. The functionality is the same, but the branding is perfect for your event.
Donations for Your Event
The majority of races support a charity or are hosted by a charity. If you just want to make it easy for supporters and participants to donate to your event, we have some solutions for you.
Add a customized soft donation ask to your registration path and encourage giving.
- Increase giving with custom donation levels that tie each donation to the impact of the gifts
- Flat 4% processing fee for donations, with the option to absorb the fee, pass it on, or ask donors to cover it
- Add a simple checkbox donation option to your checkout page to capture every donation
- Allow donations during and outside of registration
- Record offline donations for easier record-keeping
Support One or Multiple Charities
Pick a single charity partner or give participants the option to support one of many partners.
- Add multiple charities with a simple layout that allows donors to choose where to give
- Give access to charities to manage and control their own charity information
- Offer direct payment to charities so all donations go directly to them
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising for Your Event
Peer-to-peer fundraising is where the real fundraising efforts begin. Peer-to-Peer fundraising is for events with a highly engaged group of supporters and a team willing to help them achieve their goals, and can take your event fundraising efforts to the next level.
Allow or require individuals to become fundraisers for your event.
- Automatically created fundraising pages for every fundraiser
- Set default messaging and images that fundraisers can customize for a more personal fundraising appeal
- Ability to integrate RunSignup Fundraisers with Facebook Fundraisers and sync information
- Add offline donations to a fundraiser page for free
- Empower fundraisers with a built-in email tool customized with your branding and messaging
Bring the power of teamwork to fundraising with the option to create fundraising teams
- Allow or require fundraisers to join or create a team
- Automatically created team fundraising pages that are easy for fundraising Team Captains to manage, with customizable images and messaging
- Support multiple team captains
- Roll up all individual donations to the team, with ability to prevent or allow donations to the team without selecting an individual
Fundraising Rewards and Incentives
Boost fundraising and increase the motivation for your fundraisers to engage their community.
- Reward fundraisers who meet a pre-determined fundraising threshold with an automated discount or a refund
- Set a fundraiser minimum with the option to save and auto-charge a credit card if the minimum is not met
Make fundraising fun with unique rewards for effort.
- Show off your top performers with a live leaderboard on your website
- Make your progress visual with a live donation goal thermometer
- Create milestones and badges that fill a trophy case and provide a digital “thanks” for continued fundraising
- Make gamification social with milestones and badges for team fundraisers
Track your progress and keep in touch with your supporters with comprehensive fundraising reports.
- View all your participants, donations, and fundraisers
- Share reports with your teammates
- Download transaction and payment reports with multiple revenue types (like donations and registrations) in the same report
More Technology For Fundraising Events..
RunSignup makes registration easy, sure. But we’re also here with free technology to help you manage your event business and race operations from conception to execution.
Common Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events
Steps for Students
Steps for Students determined their backend technology needed to change to support their unique needs around team fundraising and seamless data integration. Ultimately, they chose to switch to RunSignup’s registration, fundraising, and race day technology platform. Julie Eberle and Suraiya Culp, event organizers for Steps for Students shared with us their innovative approach to offering a virtual experience that reinforced their fundraising efforts.
6,500 Virtual Registrants
$775,000 Donations Raised Virtually
100% Real Time Data
Pedal Event Fundraisers
Pedal event fundraisers are a fun and creative way to bring supporters together for an indoor cycling event that can easily offer both in-person and virtual options. With RunSignup’s free tools including free Email Marketing, free websites, and integrated fundraising and donations, nonprofits can raise more and engage supporters with a unique and creative pedal fundraising event.
Pedaling 4 Paige
Peleton 4 Parkinsons
Pedal With Purpose
Healthy Kids Running Series
With five age groups, HKRS brings a five-week running series to your community and encourages kids to kickstart their healthy lifestyle and fight against childhood obesity. Learn how Healthy Kids has used RunSignup technology to scale their events and increase revenue.
250 Nation Wide Annual Race Series
168K Registrations on RunSignup
$145K Donations in 2018
30th Anniversary Tour of the Firefighter Challenge
When The First Responder Institute readied themselves for the 30th Anniversary National Tour of the Firefighter Challenge, they went to work creating impressive registration pages to spark enthusiasm and communicate the event’s legacy and pride. Firefighter Challenges attract local, national, and international firefighters − rookies and veterans alike − who compete on a globally recognized challenge course. For those not in the fire service, the impressive competition allows a glimpse into the occupational demands facing firefighters everywhere!
500 Firehouses Participate per Year on Avg.
100,000 Audience members and Attendees per Year
500+ Challenges in 45 States as of 2020
Leading Edge Take Heart 5K
Take Heart is a nonprofit like so many – operating with a small staff that aren’t full time race directors and have many additional responsibilities. They teamed up with Leading Edge, to bring something meaningful to Lakeland’s active community. And when it comes time to make the Leading Edge Take Heart 5K a reality, the tools and guidance of RunSignup help make it a success. Over the years, the race has seen an impressive growth in donations thanks to a well-conceived plan and intentional addition of key features.
$40,000 Raised in Donations
6,000 Raised form Top Fundraiser Team
All the Latest Blogs on Fundraising
Your fundraising event can now include registration dollars in donation and fundraising goals. This is a great solution for any nonprofit event that wants to display the event’s combined revenue of registration fees + donations as the amount raised, as well as…Read More
You can allow your supporters to fundraise for your cause by going to Fundraising >> Individual Fundraisers and enabling Individual Fundraisers. There are 4 tiles that organize existing settings and make setting up fundraising simple: Click the tile component to edit the settings: This…Read More
Over the last couple weeks we’ve had a few nonprofits report issues with their Facebook Fundraiser integration. Meta has undergone some changes over the past month and our previous contacts are no longer with the company. We are still waiting on Meta to release…Read More
There are now fundraiser email replacement tags for Email V2. Using these dynamic replacement tags with the Email V2 fundraiser recipient list gives your peer to peer fundraising event more power to automate and customize communications with your fundraisers. We make it…Read More
The Donation Report has a new update that shows the breakdown between transactional (online) donations and manual (offline) donations. To view, navigate to Donations >> Reports >> Donations on your dashboard. You will see the breakdown in the top summary. It’s also easy to…Read More
We like to hear from people in the industry to find out more about them and how they use RunSignup’s products. Recently, RunSignup’s Steve Bingham-Hawk chatted with Michelle Craske with Sommer Sports to get some inside scoop. For those of you not familiar with Sommer…Read More
You can now send and schedule emails to your fundraisers from Email V2. This enables your peer to peer fundraising event to easily communicate with fundraisers throughout the fundraising period. If your event offers peer to peer fundraising teams, you will be…Read More
Below is a recorded webinar on The Advantage of Fundraising. This session offers some valuable information on how fundraising can help increase revenue and registrations and how to take advantage of these tools within your RunSignup dashboard. Specific topics covered include: Below…Read More
GiveSignup continues to invest in helping nonprofits raise more money and grow their fundraising events. Today our development team made several releases that improve the user experience for fundraisers and donors making a donation to a fundraiser. 1. Selecting a fundraiser automatically…Read More
We are happy to announce another update to RaceDay CheckIn! This update has added a brand-new feature that will assist any event organizers looking to be able to easily check on a Participant’s Fundraising Details on site, in addition to a few…Read More
Pedal event fundraisers are a fun and creative way to bring supporters together for an indoor cycling event that can easily offer both in-person and virtual options. With RunSignup’s free tools including free Email Marketing, free websites, and integrated fundraising and donations,…Read More
Thanks to all the nonprofits, event directors, and timers, who registered to join us for our Spring Forward Session! You can refer to all the videos and resources below as you start preparing your Hybrid event strategy in 2021. Key Resources These…Read More