Technology for Race Directors…
RunSignup makes registration easy, sure. But we’re also here with free technology to help you manage your event business and race operations from conception to execution.
Need a Timer?
Browse our Timer Search for a Timer near you.
Built for Endurance Events
Runs & Races
Obstacle Course Events
Registration Features for Race Directors
Custom Information Collection
Collect all the data you need (and none that you don’t).
- Multi-format question options, including multiple choice, radio button, time entry, essay, and more
- Custom question logic to ask some questions based on previous answers
- Quick-fill standard questions for emergency information and text notification sign ups
- Ability to ask for responses from each registrant
- Question response reporting
Ease customer service and keep participants coming back with flexible options for participant management.
- Enable self-serve options for participant management
- Allow participants to transfer to another race or event, join a team, and manage their giveaways, add-ons, and question responses (for free or for a fee)
- Offer bib exchanges with or without automated refunds
- Make it easy to manage participant changes that apply to many people with bulk participant management features for refunds, transfers, and deferrals
Increase revenue and build your brand with merch for your event.
- Offer giveaways (like t-shirts) with option selection (like size) and integrated inventory management and a giveaway estimator tool
- Sell upgrades and premium merch through add-on items suggested in registration
- Create a store for merchandise you want to sell during and outside of registration
Register and manage volunteers directly from your race dashboard.
- Organize your volunteer needs with individual volunteer tasks, timeslots, and groupings of tasks into categories
- Optimize your assignments with minimum and maximum numbers of volunteers needed
- Add custom questions with information and waivers from your volunteers
- Easily communicate through free email and automated volunteer lists (and sub-lists by task or category)
- Assign a volunteer coordinator and/or task coordinators to provide limited access to your lead volunteers
More Registration Features..
Marketing Features for Race Directors
Every race comes with it’s own free race website that can be branded, customized, and formatted to match your event (no coding necessary)
- Brand your website with your logo (not ours), custom color scheme, and event images
- Bring your own domain or subdomain (SSL Certificate Included)
- Add unlimited content and pages and organize your site through menus and submenus
- Create a beautiful cover page with dynamic data elements that automatically sync with your race date
- Personalize your site with photos, videos, and even playlist
Communicate with participants (and those you hope will be participants) with email integrated into your event.
- Drag & drop Email Builder to create professional and beautiful layouts
- Automatically match the brand of your race website or further customize your email templates
- Access default email lists of current and previous participants, volunteers, donors, and more
- Upload unlimited emails and send unlimited emails (it’s still free)
- Personalize your emails with dynamic data replacement tags
Automate your referral program and incentivize participants to become ambassadors for your event. When enabled, 7% of all registrations come from referrals!
- Reward participants who refer their friends by offering an (automatic) refund when they meet a pre-determined number of referrals
- Activate your super-supporters with swag rewards that collect swag details like shirt size from a referrer once they earn the swag rewards
- Stack your rewards to keep your best referrers working for you
All the data you need to optimize your marketing spend, right at your fingertips.
- Track the source of every click, registration, donation, and transaction on your race website
- Create custom source tracking codes to evaluate the success of individual marketing campaigns
- Quick demographic and geographic reports reveal your participant profile
- View year-over-year comparisons to monitor changes in registration patterns
More Marketing Features..
RaceDay Features for Race Directors
Simplify on-site registration kiosks with the specialty settings of on-site registration.
- Go paperless with an easy on-site registration process
- Allow card and/or cash payments for your race day registrations
- Immediately sync race day registrations with the RaceDay CheckIn App and RaceDay Scoring
- Auto-logout on-site registrants to allow the next participant to register
RaceDay CheckIn App
Make lines a relic of the past with the super-speedy RaceDay CheckIn App.
- Check in volunteers in seconds with a quick QR scan or search
- Assign bib numbers in advance or directly from the app
- Connect to a label printer for personalized labels printed on-site
- Manage check-in for both participants and volunteers
RaceJoy Tracking App
Activate spectators with real-time runner tracking, available through Certified Timers.
- Hype up participants through custom cheer sending
- Keep runners on track with off-course alerts and SOS alerts
- Track your participants throughout the race with your own tracking dashboard
- Engage sponsors with in-app ads and custom audio clips
Extend race day and bring participants back to your website with free RaceDay Photos.
- Upload unlimited photos from race day, organized into albums
- Allow participants to contribute their own photos from race day
- Auto-tag participants based on their bibs
- Keep participants talking about their event with easy sharing options
More RaceDay Features..
Fundraising Features for Race Directors
Encourage giving with a soft donation ask build directly into the registration path.
- Customize your donation levels to highlight the impact of every donation and increase the average donation amount
- Add manual donations one at a time or via CSV upload
- Give donors the option to cover their processing fee to make their donation go even further
- Enable a simple checkbox prompt at checkout to capture additional donations
Engage your participants as fundraisers with built-in tools to help them succeed.
- Each fundraiser has an automatically created fundraiser page with your branding and their own customization options to add messaging and images
- Empower fundraisers to raise more with an integration with Facebook Fundraisers that syncs donation data from both platforms
- Add offline donations to a fundraiser page (it’s free)
Bring people together to raise more for your cause with team fundraiser options.
- Flexible options to join or create a team, with all individual fundraising amounts rolled up to the team total
- Team fundraising pages (managed by the captain) in addition to individual fundraisers
- Allow for one or multiple captains for each team
Make fundraising fun with friendly competition and engaging rewards.
- Highlight and thank your top supporters with fundraiser leaderboards
- Set milestones for fundraising goals and add default or custom badges that your fundraisers can collect in their own digital trophy cases
- Offer refund rewards for fundraisers that reach a specific threshold of fundraising dollars
More Fundraising Features..
The Latest Blogs for Race Directors
New Suggested Features in Race Creation Wizard
There are hundreds (ok, thousands) of features in RunSignup for races to take advantage of. However, there are four key features that almost every race could take advantage of to increase revenue. And they are super easy to enable with default settings,…Read More
Guest Post: Runners for Public Lands Vision For More Inclusive Races and Events
This is a guest post from Runners for Public Lands. Runners for Public Lands is eager to launch the Race Director Resource Hub to assist event organizers in implementing a sense of belonging, natural history, and environmental stewardship at their events. This…Read More
RaceJoy Now with Native Maps and Participant Pause
We are excited to announce two significant advancements for RaceJoy, RunSignup’s race day mobile app. As a RunSignup product designed to elevate the race day experience, RaceJoy now supports Google native maps and stores course routes on Android and Apple phones for offline experiences. In addition, RaceJoy now offers optional Participant Pause feature ideal for lap events with rest times. These innovative additions expand the application of RaceJoy to a broader range of events and further solidify RunSignup’s commitment to providing comprehensive technology solutions to event organizers.Read More
Unlocking Fundraising Success: DONNA Marathon’s Executive Director on RunSignup’s Platform and More
We had the pleasure of sitting down with Amanda Napolitano, the Executive Director of the DONNA Foundation, responsible for overseeing the DONNA Marathon in Jacksonville, Florida. During our conversation, Amanda shared valuable insights into best practices for fundraising events and maximizing the potential of RunSignup’s comprehensive products and features.
In our discussion, Amanda covered a range of topics, including registration, fundraising, RaceDay Checkin app, RaceJoy, and Ticket Signup, to name just a few. She emphasized how these tools can be effectively utilized to enhance the overall experience for participants and race staff. Amanda highlighted that the primary reason they transitioned to RunSignup this year was the seamless integration between registration technology and fundraising features, which proved to be remarkably user-friendly both during setup and for participants.Read More
How to Use the RunSignup Website
RunSignup is a product-led company, and our goal is to create end-to-end technology solutions that can solve our customers problems. We invest heavily in UX to make our registration platform intuitive, but events are complicated and every race director and timer needs…Read More
The Guide to Non-Binary Inclusion
The Guide to Non-Binary Inclusion in Running is a resource created by Jake Fedorowski (they/them) for race organizers who are looking to create more inclusive events, particularly for non-binary participants. Fedorowski states, “The ultimate goal is an industry that doesn’t classify, or measure success, based…Read More
DONNA Marathon: Bringing It All Together
2023 was DONNA Marathon’s first year using RunSignup’s registration and we were impressed by how much the event adopted many of the features and technology available not only with RunSignup’s registration, but with our RaceDay tools, fundraising capabilities, and even our Ticket platform. Given their multifaceted approach, we thought other event organizers could benefit from an understanding of how using the various capabilities can come together.Read More
The State of the Industry: 2022 RaceTrends Report is Here!
Our annual RaceTrends Report is here, breaking down the participation numbers and industry trends from 2022 to help you make better predictions and more successful decisions in 2023. You can access the full report below or watch the recorded webinar for a…Read More
Refer a Friend to RunSignup
This holiday season, we’re happy to announce our first official Refer a Friend to RunSignup program. While many of our customers are recommended by existing customers who love RunSignup, we want to give a little gift to those spreading the word about…Read More
Meet RunSignup at the 2023 Winter Roadshow
Registrations for the 2023 RunSignup Winter Roadshow are open! As we announced in September, we are foregoing our traditional Symposium this year in favor of smaller events that allow us to reach more race directors and timers all around the country. We’re starting…Read More
Rebuild Your Race with RunSignup
Many events across the country are still not back to pre-pandemic numbers and our recent trend data supports this continued long tail effect the industry is experiencing. Yet, many events are successfully building back and exceeding previous participation levels. We see those that are…Read More
RunSignup Announced Non-Binary Event Search
Supporting Inclusive Experience for Participants We are pleased to announce the new ability for race participants to search for events offering non-binary gender features. RunSignup currently has more than 2,500 events offering a non-binary gender option. This is RunSignup’s latest effort to better support…Read More