Technology for Ultra Races…
RunSignup makes registration easy, sure. But we’re also here with free technology to help you manage your ultra events from conception to execution.
RunSignup Makes Your Ultra Easy to Find
Want to make sure runners can find your event? In addition to including your race on our internal race search, creating your race on RunSignup means it’s automatically to our network of 2,500 US-based event calendars like RunningintheUsa, Evvnt, and more. Additionally, we optimize your race website to ensure it’s a top hit on Google – and the ability to renew your race means all the SEO you earn this year will continue to help your race to be found next year.
Key Features for Ultra Races
Collect All the Information
Collect all the data you need (and none that you don’t) with unlimited custom questions.
- Flexible question formats for multiple choice, multi-select, or open-ended answers
- Time validation option to ensure accurate information for expected finish time, previous finish times, and more
- Supports multiple waivers to make paperwork easy when you, your venue, and your sponsor all need waivers
- Collect pacer information easily to ensure a record of who’s on your course
Ease customer service and keep participants coming back with flexible options for participant management.
- Enable self-serve options for participant management, including for distance transfers, bib exchanges, and refunds (if allowed)
- Allow participant changes for free or add a fee to boost your revenue
- Implement and manage a waiting list for sold out or lottery-based events
- Cap registrations by distance (for course management) or across events (for venue restrictions)
- Make it easy to manage participant changes that apply to many people with bulk participant management features for refunds, transfers, and deferrals
Automated Pricing Strategies
Incentivize early registrations and increase participant loyalty with automated pricing strategies.
- Implement price increases based on date or number of registrations to activate potential participants
- Build loyalty across your event with multi-race bundles that allow for registration of several events at once
- Cultivate community by rewarding local running groups with discounts via automated membership recognition or auto-applied coupon codes
Register and manage volunteers directly from your race dashboard.
- Organize your volunteer needs with individual volunteer tasks, timeslots groupings of tasks into categories, and dedicated volunteer and task coordinators
- Optimize your assignments with minimum and maximum numbers of volunteers needed
- Add custom questions with information and waivers from your volunteers
- Easily communicate through free email and automated volunteer lists (and sub-lists by task or category)
- Take advantage of vouchers to offer your volunteers discounted entry into future events
Earn more revenue by offering your participants optional protection.
- Enable the ability for participants to purchase insurance during their registration
- All insurance-related participant management (and refunds) are handled by our insurance partner, Protecht Regshield
- Low-cost option for your participants, at 8.1% of the registration fee (just a $2.99 minimum)
- 20% of all insurance premiums are paid to your race, providing a nice
RaceDay Technology for Ultra Races…
Whether you’re working with a professional timer or using a more DIY timing option, we can help.
Tamalpa Headlands 50k presented by UltraRunning Magazine
The Tamalpa Headlands 50k team is thrilled for the revival of the race and can’t wait for the 21st Tamalpa Headlands 50k presented by UltraRunning Magazine. The goals are to see it blossom back into the world class event it once was, and to again become the USATF 50k National Championship in 2024.
$3,500 Podium Prize
6 Year Hiatus
1998 Race Established
The Latest Blogs on Ultra Races
About the Scout Mountain Ultras Scout Mountain Ultras is an environmental event with a running problem. When race directors Luke & Tanae took over the event in 2011 they were determined to use the event as a way to elevate the environmental…Read More
Bringing Back a Legendary Course Guy Palmer, Greg Naaco, Peter Frank, Tom Lyons, and other Tamalpa Runners designed the 1998 Tamalpa Headlands 50k that started at Rodeo Beach. Under the stewardship of former Race Directors Diana and Tim Fitzpatrick, the race start…Read More
Ultra distance events come with many of the same needs as typical race events like 5Ks and half marathons, but they also have very unique requirements and things to consider. For example, many ultra events don’t use a timer to officially score…Read More
The Midstate Massive Ultra Trail event, a point-to-point trail race with distances of 100, 50 and 30 miles in Massachusetts, has offered RaceJoy since its inception of 2019. This popular ultra New England event attracted close to 350 participants this last weekend and 78%…Read More
With the release of our new Mobile Timing App, we have extended our complete results system to really simplify and expand the results process for Ultra race directors and the participant experience. Of course, RunSignup is well known for our full suite of…Read More
Ultra Running Magazine has started up a new Weekend Update email that is really packed full of news, results, interviews and links to lots of other information the Ultra and Trail community will love. You can see the updates here. And signup for the newsletter…Read More
UltraRunning Magazine, known as “the voice of the sport” since 1981, has recently completed an integration with the RunSignup Results API to automate the population of results data on their free and open Ultra Results Listing service. UltraRunning Magazine provides race results…Read More
We are very excited to announce RunSignup’s RaceDay Mobile Timing App for timing of smaller events and backup for chip-timed events. Through the convenient use of Android and Apple phones and tablets, event timers are able to use the free RaceDay Mobile…Read More
RunRepeat issued a report on the State of Ultra Running. Ultra running has become increasingly popular as shown in the chart above growing to over 600 Thousand participants last year. Growth is higher than other distances – partly because of the enthusiasm of…Read More
At the US Trail Running Conference in San Luis Obispo, California this last week the RaceJoy team got to connect with race directors and vendors in the trail running industry. We get a lot of great ideas for RaceJoy from this group and definitely…Read More