Marketing Basics: Free Websites & Email
BRANDED FOR YOUR EVENT • SIMPLE WEBSITE BUILDER • UNLIMITED PAGES & CONTENT • BEAUTIFUL DESIGN
UNLIMITED CONTACTS • UNLIMITED SENDS • EASY-TO-USE EMAIL BUILDER • PROFESSIONAL TEMPLATES
RunSignup Marketing Tools to Grow Your Event
At the core of our marketing technology is our free tools for event websites and email. Beyond those, we have a number of built-in ways you can promote your event, inspire attendees to market for you, and track the success of your campaigns.
1. Automated Referral Rewards
Referral rewards allow you to track referrals from attendees (or other sources) and automatically provide refunds to your biggest promoters. When implemented well, referral rewards can be one of the most successful marketing strategies for your event.
Best practices for a strong referral program include:
- Provide a refund reward that is attractive enough to incentivize attendees to share your event (typically $15-20).
- Set a reward threshold that is high enough to be difficult, but not impossible, to reach (typically 3-5 referrals).
- Stack rewards with additional refunds, specialty swag, or other perks only for your most productive referrers.
- Share, share, share! Your referral program will only be successful if your attendees know about it – send emails, add it to your website, and remind people on your Facebook page.
2. Incentivize with Pricing
Creative pricing setups allow you to prompt action and encourage attendees to bring their family and friends, ensuring not only more registrations, but also a more fun event experience.
Options for group pricing incentives include:
- Automated price increases based on date or number of registrations
- Multi-person and team discounts and refund options to prompt social outreach
- Age-based pricing to make events more affordable and attractive for families
- Multi-race or multi-event discounts to cultivate superfans
- Loyalty programs with early and/or discounted registration
3. Tracking and Analytics
Stop wasting money on marketing channels that aren’t working with built-in analytics to help you track your spend across various channels. In addition to adding standard tracking and conversion codes to your race website, RaceInsights Analytics tracks the source of every click, registration, and donation.
Tracking tools include:
- Automated source tracking for every action on your website with easy-to-understand tables and charts
- Custom source tracking to allow granular ROI tracking of every marketing action
- Facebook Pixel and conversion API along with a range of conversion and sitewide codes to evaluate your ad spend
4. Social Sharing Customization
Control the perception of your event by customizing your social sharing images and messaging, then enable an automatic popup to prompt your attendees to share your event.
Tips to encourage social sharing:
- Add an attention-grabbing event image to highlight how FUN your event is and grab attention
- Update your confirmation messaging to motivate purchasers to share
- Customize your default sharing language to prompt immediate action from friends and family
- Be creative and true to your brand!
5. Traditional and On Site Signage
Offer inclusive opportunities to register and engage with your event via QR codes and quick text links. These automatically created codes can be implemented on signage that you share with your community partners – or even post in the parking area on site – to provide easy opportunities for people to register on their phone.
Build more interactive signage by:
- Including a QR code to your signage that attendees can scan to immediately be taken to your race homepage, registration path, or donation option
- Adding a text message and text short code that links to your race homepage, registration path, or donation page by sending a short message to a specific number; no QR scan required
6. Branding and Storytelling
Get back to the basics and tell your race’s story. Your race website, email, and social media presence are all opportunities to build your brand by telling a consistent story about what your event is.
Key tools for storytelling include:
- Images from your events with smiling faces and fun social interactions
- Videos from your event over the years to show people what to expect
- Custom playlists to get people excited about your event
The RunSignup Marketing Philosophy
All the Latest Blogs on Race Marketing
There is a new component for Email V2 that allows you to feature a set of images in a group. You can choose the number of images in a row, add hyperlinks, and a heading. This is perfect for featuring your sponsors…Read More
Email V2 stats now show in RaceInsights Analytics. This gives you even more insight into how your emails drive website views, registration numbers, and revenue. RunSignup email is free and you can send unlimited emails. However, it’s important to balance frequency and…Read More
Many events across the country are still not back to pre-pandemic numbers and our recent trend data supports this continued long tail effect the industry is experiencing. Yet, many events are successfully building back and exceeding previous participation levels. We see those that are…Read More
With RunSignup, your event gets a free website that’s easy to design and customize. We do a lot to optimize the websites of more than 27,000 events each year, including making sure that your events are easily found online. One of the…Read More
We continue the series on strategies to Increase Registrations with Pricing strategies by focusing on ways to apply discount incentives to encourage group participation and tap into the social nature that is the foundation of endurance events. This post covers two of…Read More
RunSignup offers many features and ways in which events can creatively encourage a greater amount of registrations for their upcoming races. This is a first in a series of blog posts to help provide specific methods to increase race registrations through pricing….Read More
Below is a recorded webinar recently held that covered the benefits of offering team/group registration options and examples of how this can be deployed using RunSignup’s features and tools available to our customers. If you are wanting to increase registrations, teams are…Read More
This is a guest blog written by Gerry Perez of RUNGP, an SMS (TXT) provider for endurance events. He talks about the benefits of SMS marketing, and includes some of the RunSignup customers who successfully use his service. Note: RunSignup provides txt messaging…Read More
With some lingering instability in the endurance event market, the key question we are hearing from race directors is how can you help me grow my event? The good news? RunSignup offers you a multitude of tools designed to help you rebuild and grow…Read More
We get a lot of questions about how RunSignup can promote your event, and people are always surprised when we say we don’t promote your event − we give you the tools to promote your event. This doesn’t mean we don’t understand the importance of marketing to…Read More
Events across the country are looking for ways to help increase registrations in the midst of an uncertain economy and lingering effects of pandemic challenges. One of the most effective ways to help increase registrations is through pricing strategies and offering rewards…Read More
Events using RunSignup for registration are encouraged to watch this recorded webinar to explore ways to create more effective websites. The session covers defining you key goals, such as increase registration and inform participants, and then ways to optimally use RunSignup’s FREE…Read More