Using the RaceDay Technology Suite
Like all RunSignup tools for endurance events, the RaceDay technology suite is an open set of tools, meaning you can use all the ones that are right for your event without being contractually obligated to use them all. While many of the tools are available to both race directors and timers, make sure you always discuss your race day plans with your timer to ensure a seamless event.
RaceDay Technology Suite
Maximize registrations with user-friendly on site registration options.
- Go paperless and offer speedy registration on dedicated devices at your expo or packet pickup with On Site Registration that auto-logs out each registrant after they pay with card or cash
- Provide more last-minute options by leaving online registration open until the gun goes off – and create signage with QR codes and easy-to-use quick text links to allow participants to skip the registration line by registering on their own mobile devices
- Keep race morning moving with instant data syncing between registration, the CheckIn App, and RaceDay Scoring
Take advantage of everyone’s favorite RunSignup tool, the RaceDay CheckIn App, to create a better race experience.
- Check in participants in seconds through a QR code scan or intuitive search
- Customize the information that shows in the app to ensure your volunteers have the exact data they need and prevent mistakes by limiting their access to make changes
- Check in participants and volunteers within the same app
- Sync data to RunSignup to ensure up-to-the-minute participant lists and bib assignments
Keep participants happy with comprehensive results that are searchable and dynamic.
- Publish results to a dedicated Results page on your RunSignup dashboard via a variety of sources, including a direct upload from RaceDay Scoring, a CSV upload, a Dropbox upload, or a preformatted upload
- Quickly load searchable results that can be filtered by division, and customize your results display to show or hide specific data points like age or city
- Make results more accessible on site with leaderboards and kiosks
- Send results notifications via email and text and connect results with RaceJoy
- Virtual results platform also available
Clean data is the key to accurate results. Start off on the right foot with built-in bib management tools.
- Set bibs to assign automatically at registration, in bulk after registration, or dynamically at bib pickup
- Easily send out emails to participants with their bib numbers (if assigned in advance) or a unique QR code for check-in (if assigned dynamically)
- Sync across RunSignup for timing, scoring, check-in, and accurate registration records
Cultivate FOMO and bring runners back to your site with race photos stored directly on your race website.
- Upload unlimited photos into customizable albums to allow for easy downloading and sharing to Facebook
- Auto-tagging of photos via Tagily to ensure participants can find their photos
- Tagged photos automatically show on individual results pages and within team pages
- Add a watermark to photos for your race or your sponsor
- Allow participant uploads to get everyone engaged in the photo game
Take timing to the next level with RaceDay Scoring’s next-generation scoring solution.
- Compatible with all major chip systems, including MYLAPS, Chronotrack, RFID, Race Result, and more.
- Advanced two-way sync to connect RunSignup participant data and RaceDay Scoring, with changes saved locally when you’re offline (and all scoring taking place offline)
- Real-time scoring dashboard and custom reporting and filtering
- RaceDay Scoring support available 7 days a week, even on early race mornings
Certified Timers can setup and provide RaceJoy runner tracking to your participants.
- Offer real-time spectator interaction via custom cheers, near-me alerts, and participant tracking
- Easily monitor participants on course, volunteers, and key race staff
- Improve safety with SOS alerts, off-course alerts, and turn-by-turn directions
- Create a custom audio experience for a more dynamic event
- Showcase sponsors for additional sponsor value
Organize your participants and keep your race day flow intuitive with a build-in corral management tool.
- Syncs with the entire RunSignup platform for scoring, timing, check-in, and personalized emails
- Set to assign automatically by estimated finish time at time of registration, assign later, or upload assignments via CSV
- Built-in tools to help you estimate and build your corrals
Options for Timers
Do you manage over 5,000 paid registrations per year or process over $200,000 annually? Our Partner Program is designed to help you manage multiple events with a higher level of service, and revenue-sharing options.
Attend one of our live RaceDay Certifications or catch up with an on-demand version to learn how to implement RaceDay Scoring, RaceJoy, RunSignup Registration, the RaceDay CheckIn App, and RaceDay Photos. Email us for more information about upcoming live or on-demand certification.
Need a Lightweight Timing Solution?
Check Out the Mobile Timing App
The RaceDay Mobile Timing App is designed as a free and easy solution for timing small races and as a backup for timers of chip-timed events. This is ideal for timing smaller events such as ultra distances, track and field, cross country, running, or cycling and water events. The app can integrate with RunSignup’s results to have scored results displayed in real time.
Bryn Mawr Racing Company
Bryn Mawr Racing Company decided to join RunSignup in 2014 when searching for a more flexible results platform. Prior to joining, Bryn Mawr Racing Company was providing runners with results in the typical, static PDF format. When searching for a more dynamic, clickable results experience, RunSignup started to come into the picture.
54,000 Registrants in 2019
289K In Donations across all races in 2019
25% Increase in Registration from 2018
Central Kentucky Race Management, RaceDay
Central Kentucky Race Management has seen great success in implementing the RaceDay Suite into their races. CKRM has watched their races become more technologically integrated since starting with the RaceDay Suite, transitioning several of their race event processes from paper to digital. From refining their checkin processes with RaceDay CheckIn to adding runner tracking to their races via RaceJoy, Central Kentucky Race Management has used the RaceDay Suite to emphasize their company’s race management expertise. Their experience with these technologies allows them to differentiate themselves when selling their services to new races while giving their current races new options to improve.
409 Participants In Light the Night 5k
7500 Registrants between 2019-2020
128 RaceJoy Users in Falls 100 Ultra Trail Race
DC Timing views themselves as the technology consultant for the races that they serve. With many race directors unaware of how to use a database management system, they rely on timers to guide them through the processes. Using a combination of timing hardware and software, along with RunSignup’s RaceDay Suite, DC Timing has been able to satisfy their customers with the services they offer.
3,000K Participants Timed
3,000+ Users Checked in on RaceDay CheckIn
Race Day Events
Race Day Events switched to RunSignup at the end of 2014, because it has an easy user interface for participants to register for races, and a more complete back-end with extensive reporting, promotion, and participant management features that seamlessly tie into timing software.
350+ Races a Year
43,000+ Page Views
$31,953 In Registrations
All the Latest Blogs on RaceDay
DONNA Marathon: Bringing It All Together
2023 was DONNA Marathon’s first year using RunSignup’s registration and we were impressed by how much the event adopted many of the features and technology available not only with RunSignup’s registration, but with our RaceDay tools, fundraising capabilities, and even our Ticket platform. Given their multifaceted approach, we thought other event organizers could benefit from an understanding of how using the various capabilities can come together.Read More
RaceDay Scoring Certification Refresh
This recorded webinar is perfect for timers who wish to get quick training on RaceDay Scoring or a refresher on RaceDay Scoring setup process. This is a shortened version of the full certification course and walks timers through the basics of how to score endurance events with RunSignup’s RaceDay Scoring solution.Read More
RaceJoy Milestones Using Google Maps
The recorded webinar below provides helpful instructions on using Google Map tools when building course maps in RaceJoy and focuses on setting up accurate milestone locations. It is important mile markers in RaceJoy line up to what participants experience on the ground. This ensures the participant is hearing and seeing a consistent experience as they pass mile marker signage on the course. James Harris covers how to create accurate milestone placements using coordinates and Google Street View tools.Read More
Timer Certification On Demand Now Available
RunSignup’s Timer Certification program now includes four free training courses covering RunSignup’s registration and marketing tools, RunSignup’s RaceJoy participant tracking app, RaceDay Scoring for scoring events, and newly added certification on RunSignup’s RaceDay CheckIn app and Photo platform.Read More
RaceDay CheckIn v34 is Now Available!
Feature Updates Added the ability to use Front-Facing Cameras only in Device Settings. This is recommended if you are using the app installed on a Chromebook or other device that only has a front facing camera. Changed Fundraising Details display. Now we…Read More
Mobile Timing App v2 is Now Available!
Added the ability to mark upcoming finishers with a specified color. This could be useful for many different purposes. For example, you may want to flag the first 3 female finishers, or a wheelchair finisher, or flag participants that you are unsure…Read More
Rowan University: Leaderboard Field Experience Project
December 2022 We just completed the sponsorship of another successful project with students from Rowan University. Two teams of students enrolled in the Computer Field Experience Course took part in an intensive 12 week hands-on project building a solution using the RunSignup…Read More
Race Day: Kiawah Island Marathon
RunSignup’s RaceDay team volunteered at this year’s Kiawah Island Marathon prior to the race and on race day. Nine of us started race day at 4am to provide support for the event’s timing company, Go Race Productions. Crisp McDonald, the owner and operator of Go…Read More
PRE RACE: KIAWAH ISLAND MARATHON
RunSignup’s RaceDay team got to experience first hand the backend operations of packet pickup and the life of a timer’s support crew by volunteering at this year’s 45th Kiawah Island Marathon on Kiawah Island, South Carolina. The RaceDay team is a team…Read More
RunSignup Announces 2023 Timer Certification Tour
Four Timer Certifications Virtual Courses We are pleased to announce the launch of our 2023 four-part virtual Timer Certification tour. RunSignup’s Timer Certification program is designed to provide timers with in-depth product training on race related technology to support their efforts to…Read More
RaceDay CheckIn v3.2.33 is Now Available!
Feature Updates Major update to underlying technology packages for system stability and future-proofing. Bug Fixes Fixed a crash on iOS 16.1 devices when scanning with the camera. Fixed an issue on iOS 16 devices that would cause three labels to print each…Read More
RaceDay Scoring Now Supports Lap Events
Time-Based, Cumulative Mileage Events Now Supported We’ve launched a new release of RaceDay Scoring to support scoring of duration-based lap events. RaceDay Scoring, the industry’s next generation scoring software, now supports time duration-based events where mileage cumulated may vary by individual finisher. RaceDay Scoring…Read More