Using the RaceDay Technology Suite
Like all RunSignup tools for endurance events, the RaceDay technology suite is an open set of tools, meaning you can use all the ones that are right for your event without being contractually obligated to use them all. While many of the tools are available to both race directors and timers, make sure you always discuss your race day plans with your timer to ensure a seamless event.
RaceDay Technology Suite
Maximize registrations with user-friendly on site registration options.
- Go paperless and offer speedy registration on dedicated devices at your expo or packet pickup with On Site Registration that auto-logs out each registrant after they pay with card or cash
- Provide more last-minute options by leaving online registration open until the gun goes off – and create signage with QR codes and easy-to-use quick text links to allow participants to skip the registration line by registering on their own mobile devices
- Keep race morning moving with instant data syncing between registration, the CheckIn App, and RaceDay Scoring
Take advantage of everyone’s favorite RunSignup tool, the RaceDay CheckIn App, to create a better race experience.
- Check in participants in seconds through a QR code scan or intuitive search
- Customize the information that shows in the app to ensure your volunteers have the exact data they need and prevent mistakes by limiting their access to make changes
- Check in participants and volunteers within the same app
- Sync data to RunSignup to ensure up-to-the-minute participant lists and bib assignments
Keep participants happy with comprehensive results that are searchable and dynamic.
- Publish results to a dedicated Results page on your RunSignup dashboard via a variety of sources, including a direct upload from RaceDay Scoring, a CSV upload, a Dropbox upload, or a preformatted upload
- Quickly load searchable results that can be filtered by division, and customize your results display to show or hide specific data points like age or city
- Make results more accessible on site with leaderboards and kiosks
- Send results notifications via email and text and connect results with RaceJoy
- Virtual results platform also available
Clean data is the key to accurate results. Start off on the right foot with built-in bib management tools.
- Set bibs to assign automatically at registration, in bulk after registration, or dynamically at bib pickup
- Easily send out emails to participants with their bib numbers (if assigned in advance) or a unique QR code for check-in (if assigned dynamically)
- Sync across RunSignup for timing, scoring, check-in, and accurate registration records
Cultivate FOMO and bring runners back to your site with race photos stored directly on your race website.
- Upload unlimited photos into customizable albums to allow for easy downloading and sharing to Facebook
- Auto-tagging of photos via Tagily to ensure participants can find their photos
- Tagged photos automatically show on individual results pages and within team pages
- Add a watermark to photos for your race or your sponsor
- Allow participant uploads to get everyone engaged in the photo game
Take timing to the next level with RaceDay Scoring’s next-generation scoring solution.
- Compatible with all major chip systems, including MYLAPS, Chronotrack, RFID, Race Result, and more.
- Advanced two-way sync to connect RunSignup participant data and RaceDay Scoring, with changes saved locally when you’re offline (and all scoring taking place offline)
- Real-time scoring dashboard and custom reporting and filtering
- RaceDay Scoring support available 7 days a week, even on early race mornings
Certified Timers can setup and provide RaceJoy runner tracking to your participants.
- Offer real-time spectator interaction via custom cheers, near-me alerts, and participant tracking
- Easily monitor participants on course, volunteers, and key race staff
- Improve safety with SOS alerts, off-course alerts, and turn-by-turn directions
- Create a custom audio experience for a more dynamic event
- Showcase sponsors for additional sponsor value
Organize your participants and keep your race day flow intuitive with a build-in corral management tool.
- Syncs with the entire RunSignup platform for scoring, timing, check-in, and personalized emails
- Set to assign automatically by estimated finish time at time of registration, assign later, or upload assignments via CSV
- Built-in tools to help you estimate and build your corrals
Need a Lightweight Timing Solution?
Check Out the Mobile Timing App
The RaceDay Mobile Timing App is designed as a free and easy solution for timing small races and as a backup for timers of chip-timed events. This is ideal for timing smaller events such as ultra distances, track and field, cross country, running, or cycling and water events. The app can integrate with RunSignup’s results to have scored results displayed in real time.
Bryn Mawr Racing Company
Bryn Mawr Racing Company decided to join RunSignup in 2014 when searching for a more flexible results platform. Prior to joining, Bryn Mawr Racing Company was providing runners with results in the typical, static PDF format. When searching for a more dynamic, clickable results experience, RunSignup started to come into the picture.
54,000 Registrants in 2019
289K In Donations across all races in 2019
25% Increase in Registration from 2018
Central Kentucky Race Management, RaceDay
Central Kentucky Race Management has seen great success in implementing the RaceDay Suite into their races. CKRM has watched their races become more technologically integrated since starting with the RaceDay Suite, transitioning several of their race event processes from paper to digital. From refining their checkin processes with RaceDay CheckIn to adding runner tracking to their races via RaceJoy, Central Kentucky Race Management has used the RaceDay Suite to emphasize their company’s race management expertise. Their experience with these technologies allows them to differentiate themselves when selling their services to new races while giving their current races new options to improve.
409 Participants In Light the Night 5k
7500 Registrants between 2019-2020
128 RaceJoy Users in Falls 100 Ultra Trail Race
DC Timing views themselves as the technology consultant for the races that they serve. With many race directors unaware of how to use a database management system, they rely on timers to guide them through the processes. Using a combination of timing hardware and software, along with RunSignup’s RaceDay Suite, DC Timing has been able to satisfy their customers with the services they offer.
3,000K Participants Timed
3,000+ Users Checked in on RaceDay CheckIn
Race Day Events
Race Day Events switched to RunSignup at the end of 2014, because it has an easy user interface for participants to register for races, and a more complete back-end with extensive reporting, promotion, and participant management features that seamlessly tie into timing software.
350+ Races a Year
43,000+ Page Views
$31,953 Registrations from Referrals
All the Latest Blogs on RaceDay
RunSignup does internal Company Calls every few weeks with a rotation of departments giving updates. Recently, we did received an update from the EventDay development team on completed advancements and plans for 2024. The team focuses on EventDay products such as RaceDay Scoring, RaceDay CheckIn app, RaceJoy, Mobile Timing App, and TicketSignup App. They also complete the integration with technology partners like Race Result and MYLAPS. We thought it would be interesting for our customers to see the continuous focus on progress the team demonstrates.Read More
RunSignup does internal Company Calls every few weeks with a rotation of departments giving updates. Recently, we did an update from the Event Day Team software development team who focus on RaceDay Scoring advancements. The slides below review all the features we have added to RaceDay Scoring since we did the big Version 4.0 release in August in 2023 and the innovation plans for the coming year.Read More
We are simplifying the price of RaceDay Scoring again! It is now a single subscription of $199 per year for each timing company. This is inspired by the two OG’s – Alan Jones and Roger Bradshaw. They set the standard for scoring software and the standard for pricing. Like Alan and Roger, we have another source of income that allows us to invest in building, delivering and supporting RaceDay Scoring for Todays Timers. We realize timers are the backbone of the endurance community and we want to support them with modern software.Read More
MYLAPS is set to unveil its Cloud Timing innovation later this year, marking a significant stride in empowering timers with enhanced control over their data for centralized timing. In anticipation of this launch, we have integrated RaceDay Scoring with MYLAPS’ cloud timing technology, providing timers with a straightforward connection between the two platforms using their organization’s API key.Read More
Watch this video for Bob Bickel’s insights into RunSignup’s strategy to help timers provide foundational technology for race events. In the fast-paced world of event management, where every second counts, leveraging cutting-edge technology is the key to success.Read More
One of our Year End Wrap-up Blogs. Others include 2023 Year in Review, 2023 RunSignup Product Recap, 2023 GiveSignup Product Recap, 2023 TicketSignup Product Recap, 2023 Infrastructure Report, 2024 Company Strategy, 2024 RunSignup Roadmap, 2024 GiveSignup Roadmap, 2024 TicketSignup Roadmap. We continue on our path to roll out “Next Gen”…Read More
RunSignup’s RaceDay’s software developers and support teams recently had the pleasure of joining one of our valued timers, Race Day Professionals (RDP), at the Islamorada Running Company’s yearly event in scenic Islamorada, Florida. During this year’s race event, RDP’s Steve and Ronni Turrisi expertly utilized RunSignup’s RaceDay suite of technology and extended a warm welcome to our team. This collaboration provided our developers with a firsthand look into the life of a timer and a chance to see the practical application of the technology they themselves build and support. We were very impressed with RDP’s dedication to providing a quality experience for their race director and participants alike.Read More
Feature Updates Added Unknown Reads Count and shortcut to RaceDashboard. You will now find an Unknown Reads count on the Dashboard just below the Raw Reads count. This will display a count of unique bib numbers that are unknown, and if you…Read More
Feature Updates Updated Multiple Waiver Signing Experience. We made an update to the RunSignup Waiver Signing feature, which now allows the CheckIn App to view the status of waiver signing for participants when there are multiple waivers in use. Previously, we were…Read More
Feature Updates Updated RaceDay Hub Announcer Kiosk Window to show settings immediately after launching. We’ve noticed that people often forget to adjust the Timing Locations displayed in the announcer window until after reads have already been displayed in the window. To address…Read More
Race organizers and timers can easily add to the race experience by providing video results. This is where a race participant’s result links to a YouTube video capturing the moment they cross the finish line. This adds an exciting dimension to the race experience by allowing participants and spectators to relive those important finish moments.This unique feature often goes underutilized, but it is easy to set up within RunSignup’s platform. This video provides a quick tutorial on how to set things up.Read More
We have made a number of nice improvements to the Results page for race websites, as well as added control of the display during race setup. The features include: Clearer Choices for Viewers This allows for quicker picking of which result year…Read More