Technology for Kids Events…
RunSignup makes registration easy, sure. But we’re also here with free technology to help you manage your event business and race operations from conception to execution. All triathlons include:
Key Features for Kids Events
COPPA Data Protections
RunSignup’s policies around registrations for kids events are designed with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (“COPPA”) in mind, particularly for those under 13.
- Anyone registering a minor under 18 must confirm that they are the parent or guardian of the child in question.
- Children’s profiles on RunSignup are created as sub-accounts of the parent’s profile, ensuring that the parent receives all event communications.
- Publicly available information about children under 13 is limited, with names in results & participant searches truncated to first initial and last name, and additional identifying information like a street address withheld.
- Photo uploads are prohibited by any profile that indicates the user is under 18.
Pricing is your strongest call to action. Implement age-based pricing to give young participants a break – and make it easy for parents to recognize the deal they’re getting.
- Age-based pricing is automatically implemented, with the discount given based on the age of the participant in the profile. No issues with “oops, I forgot to enter my coupon code later”!
- Display the age-based pricing directly on your event tiles to make it clear that kids can save.
- Make all your events kids events with family-friendly pricing that makes it viable for parents and kids to both run your event.
Flexible Waivers & Information Collection
Collect all the information you need to ensure your kids event is safe and adult information is accessible
- Require multiple waivers when multiple parties need specific waivers (such as the race management organization and the school that it sponsors)
- Ask for additional emergency contact information for each child who registers
- Use custom questions to record additional details about specific needs of each child.
Keep your kids race fully staffed with a volunteer platform built directly into your race dashboard.
- Organize your volunteer needs with individual volunteer tasks, timeslots groupings of tasks into categories, and dedicated volunteer and task coordinators
- Optimize your assignments with minimum and maximum numbers of volunteers needed
- Add custom questions with information and waivers from your volunteers
- Easily communicate through free email and automated volunteer lists (and sub-lists by task or category)
- Take advantage of vouchers to offer your volunteers discounted entry into future events
Healthy Kids Running Series
With five age groups, HKRS brings a five-week running series to your community and encourages kids to kickstart their healthy lifestyle and fight against childhood obesity. Learn how Healthy Kids has used RunSignup technology to scale their events and increase revenue.
250 Nation Wide Annual Race Series
168K Registrations on RunSignup
$145K Donations in 2018
Steps for Students
Steps for Students determined their backend technology needed to change to support their unique needs around team fundraising and seamless data integration. Ultimately, they chose to switch to RunSignup’s registration, fundraising, and race day technology platform. Julie Eberle and Suraiya Culp, event organizers for Steps for Students shared with us their innovative approach to offering a virtual experience that reinforced their fundraising efforts.
6,500 Virtual Registrants
$775,000 Donations Raised Virtually
100% Real Time Data
All the Latest Blogs on Kids Events
Community Roundup: Healthy Kids
We’re checking in regularly to see what the endurance community is doing to keep the industry running forward in the midst of the coronavirus crisis. For more ideas, view you can find all the previous highlights archive here. Today’s highlight is a look…Read More
Healthy Kids Running Series
About Healthy Kids Running Series Healthy Kids Running Series (HKRS) was founded by Jeff Long, President and Founder of Pattison Sports Group. The nonprofit aims to combat childhood obesity by introducing children to the world of running. Open to kids aged 2-14,…Read More
Child Privacy Update
Our great User Experience team updated the new Child Privacy registration path to be simpler and friendlier to understand with the following replacing wordy radio button options: Geez, our site if getting friendlier and friendlier to use!Read More
To protect the data the races who use us as their online registration platform, we have made some updates to your race, event and club websites to better protect the online privacy of children, particularly those under the age of 13. Our…Read More
CASA Superhero Run Richmond Case Study
We have a series Customer Case Studies, in which we take your stories and share your challenges and successes as a learning tool for other RunSignup users. This CASA Superhero Run Case Study focuses on creating a family-friendly event, cultivating fundraisers, and creating a positive volunteer experience….Read More
Healthy Kids Running Series Case Study
We have a series of Customer Case Studies, in which we take your stories and share your challenges and successes as a learning tool for other RunSignup users. This Healthy Kids Running Series Case Study focuses on setting up a Running Series within RunSignup, and…Read More