Technology for Swim Event…
RunSignup makes registration easy, sure. But we’re also here with free technology to help you manage your event business and race operations from conception to execution. All swim events include:
Key Features for Swim Events
Flexible Registration Options
Easily manage multiple distance options and age divisions with customizable registration options.
- Use unlimited race events to allow registration in a range of events, from different distances to wetsuit and non-wetsuit division
- Limit events to specific age ranges and/or add pricing that is specific to an age group
- Bundle events together to discount participants who register for more than one event at the same time
- Automate price increase
US Masters Swimming Membership Integration
Sanctioned swimming events can validate USMS membership in real-time during registration. Benefits include:
- Automated USMS membership validation
- USMS waiver integrated into the registration pathway, along with any event waiver you require
- Credibility for swimmers who are specifically seeking USMS sanctioned events via membership numbers added to your race website and membership validation in registration
RaceDay Tools For Safety & Engagement
Utilize our suite of RaceDay tools for a smoother, safer, and more fun race experience.
- Take advantage of the free CheckIn App to get participants checked in and ready to swim
- Work with a certified timer to activate RaceJoy for a safer open water swim
- Create FOMO with unlimited photos from your swim posted to your race website, for free
Increase revenue and build your brand with merch for your event.
- Offer giveaways (like t-shirts) with option selection (like size) and integrated inventory management and a giveaway estimator tool
- Sell upgrades and premium merch through add-on items suggested in registration
- Create a store for merchandise you want to sell during and outside of registration
Free Marketing Tools
Get the word out with free, built-in tools to market your swim event.
- Stand out from the crowd with a free and custom race website with your branding (not ours)
- Connect with your community and bring back participants with free and unlimited email marketing
- Turn your loyal participants into ambassadors and incentive sharing with an automated referral rewards program
- Understand your results and optimize your spend with the RaceInsights Analytics dashboard
Earn more revenue by offering your participants optional protection.
- Enable the ability for participants to purchase insurance during their registration
- All insurance-related participant management (and refunds) are handled by our insurance partner, Protecht Regshield
- Low-cost option for your participants, at 8.1% of the registration fee (just a $2.99 minimum)
- 20% of all insurance premiums are paid to your race, providing a nice
Great Chesapeake Bay 4.4 Mile Swim & 1 Mile Bay Challenge
The Chesapeake Bay team used RunSignup’s free email marketing tools to streamline communications to participants. The main use of RunSignup’s free Email V2 was to share key race information with lottery entrants and eventual participants. In total, they sent 19 marketing & logistics emails in 2023, leading to nearly 10,000 views of their RunSignup website.
650 Pre-Registered Entrants
3 Rounds of Lottery Drawings
$3,000,000+ Raised or charity (All Time)
Swimming Events on RunSignup
swimming event organizers have been using RunSignup technology for many years. We’re excited to make things a little easier for USA Masters Swimming (USMS) members and event directors!
Many of these races did previously require a USMS membership or offered a discount for USMS memberships. This required some manual work (like verifying the validity of membership numbers entered as custom questions) and sending people off-site to purchase their membership.
65,000 USMS Members
1,500 USMS Clubs and Workout Groups
Today Steelman Racing hosts 5-6 events per year, including a trail race, 3 open water swims, and a triathlon. One of David’s priorities when he took over Steelman Racing was finding the right timing partner and registration platform because of two primary challenges, inability to make updates to registration and communication challenges with timer.
18.8% Participants Sign Up with Bundles
7.8% Registrants Transfer Events
5-6 Events per Year
All the Latest Blogs on Swim Events
Growing a Leading Multi-Sport Events Business The Steelman Tri began in Pennsylvania at Lake Nockamixon around 2002 when there were very few triathlons in the area. Two races per year – a triathlon and an open water swim – brought in about…Read More
A Premier Open Water Swim Challenge The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim is a 4.4 mile swim across Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay. While the exact origins of the swimming challenge are unknown, two formal races across the bay began in the early 1980’s before…Read More
If you read yesterday’s news that we have a new integration with US Masters Swimming with surprise, we have news for you: swimming event organizers have been using RunSignup technology for many years. We’re excited to make things a little easier for…Read More