Technology for Race Management Companies…
RunSignup makes registration easy, sure. But we’re also here with free technology to help you manage your event business and race operations from conception to execution.
Share Access (Securely)
Make it simple for your race team to access and manage your race in parallel with flexible, secure, access settings that allow you to share the full dashboard or limited dashboard screens with everyone who needs access. Easy access for you and your clients.
Built for Endurance Events
Obstacle Course Events
Build Your Race Business
Do you manage over 5,000 paid registrations per year or process over $200,000 annually? Our Partner Program is designed to help you manage multiple events with a higher level of service, and revenue-sharing options.
Organization Websites & Emails
Activate all your data with free websites and and free email platform tied to all the event data from your organization. Email lists and event calendars automatically build from the events linked to your payment account to reduce time overhead.
Registration Features for Race Management Companies
Custom Information Collection
Collect all the data you need (and none that you don’t).
- Multi-format question options, including multiple choice, radio button, time entry, essay, and more
- Custom question logic to ask some questions based on previous answers
- Quick-fill standard questions for emergency information and text notification sign ups
- Ability to ask for responses from each registrant
- Question response reporting
Ease customer service and keep participants coming back with flexible options for participant management.
- Enable self-serve options for participant management
- Allow participants to transfer to another race or event, join a team, and manage their giveaways, add-ons, and question responses (for free or for a fee)
- Offer bib exchanges with or without automated refunds
- Make it easy to manage participant changes that apply to many people with bulk participant management features for refunds, transfers, and deferrals
Increase revenue and build your brand with merch for your event.
- Offer giveaways (like t-shirts) with option selection (like size) and integrated inventory management and a giveaway estimator tool
- Sell upgrades and premium merch through add-on items suggested in registration
- Create a store for merchandise you want to sell during and outside of registration
Register and manage volunteers directly from your race dashboard.
- Organize your volunteer needs with individual volunteer tasks, timeslots, and groupings of tasks into categories
- Optimize your assignments with minimum and maximum numbers of volunteers needed
- Add custom questions with information and waivers from your volunteers
- Easily communicate through free email and automated volunteer lists (and sub-lists by task or category)
- Assign a volunteer coordinator and/or task coordinators to provide limited access to your lead volunteers
More Registration Features..
Marketing Features for Race Management Companies
Every race comes with it’s own free race website that can be branded, customized, and formatted to match your event (no coding necessary)
- Brand your website with your logo (not ours), custom color scheme, and event images
- Bring your own domain or subdomain (SSL Certificate Included)
- Add unlimited content and pages and organize your site through menus and submenus
- Create a beautiful cover page with dynamic data elements that automatically sync with your race date
- Personalize your site with photos, videos, and even playlist
Communicate with participants (and those you hope will be participants) with email integrated into your event.
- Drag & drop Email Builder to create professional and beautiful layouts
- Automatically match the brand of your race website or further customize your email templates
- Access default email lists of current and previous participants, volunteers, donors, and more
- Upload unlimited emails and send unlimited emails (it’s still free)
- Personalize your emails with dynamic data replacement tags
Automate your referral program and incentivize participants to become ambassadors for your event. When enabled, 7% of all registrations come from referrals!
- Reward participants who refer their friends by offering an (automatic) refund when they meet a pre-determined number of referrals
- Activate your super-supporters with swag rewards that collect swag details like shirt size from a referrer once they earn the swag rewards
- Stack your rewards to keep your best referrers working for you
All the data you need to optimize your marketing spend, right at your fingertips.
- Track the source of every click, registration, donation, and transaction on your race website
- Create custom source tracking codes to evaluate the success of individual marketing campaigns
- Quick demographic and geographic reports reveal your participant profile
- View year-over-year comparisons to monitor changes in registration patterns
More Marketing Features..
RaceDay Features for Race Management Companies
Simplify on-site registration kiosks with the specialty settings of on-site registration.
- Go paperless with an easy on-site registration process
- Allow card and/or cash payments for your race day registrations
- Immediately sync race day registrations with the RaceDay CheckIn App and RaceDay Scoring
- Auto-logout on-site registrants to allow the next participant to register
RaceDay CheckIn App
Make lines a relic of the past with the super-speedy RaceDay CheckIn App.
- Check in volunteers in seconds with a quick QR scan or search
- Assign bib numbers in advance or directly from the app
- Connect to a label printer for personalized labels printed on-site
- Manage check-in for both participants and volunteers
RaceJoy Tracking App
Activate spectators with real-time runner tracking, available through Certified Timers.
- Hype up participants through custom cheer sending
- Keep runners on track with off-course alerts and SOS alerts
- Track your participants throughout the race with your own tracking dashboard
- Engage sponsors with in-app ads and custom audio clips
Extend race day and bring participants back to your website with free RaceDay Photos.
- Upload unlimited photos from race day, organized into albums
- Allow participants to contribute their own photos from race day
- Auto-tag participants based on their bibs
- Keep participants talking about their event with easy sharing options
More RaceDay Features..
Fundraising Features for Race Management Companies
Encourage giving with a soft donation ask build directly into the registration path.
- Customize your donation levels to highlight the impact of every donation and increase the average donation amount
- Add manual donations one at a time or via CSV upload
- Give donors the option to cover their processing fee to make their donation go even further
- Enable a simple checkbox prompt at checkout to capture additional donations
Engage your participants as fundraisers with built-in tools to help them succeed.
- Each fundraiser has an automatically created fundraiser page with your branding and their own customization options to add messaging and images
- Empower fundraisers to raise more with an integration with Facebook Fundraisers that syncs donation data from both platforms
- Add offline donations to a fundraiser page (it’s free)
Bring people together to raise more for your cause with team fundraiser options.
- Flexible options to join or create a team, with all individual fundraising amounts rolled up to the team total
- Team fundraising pages (managed by the captain) in addition to individual fundraisers
- Allow for one or multiple captains for each team
Make fundraising fun with friendly competition and engaging rewards.
- Highlight and thank your top supporters with fundraiser leaderboards
- Set milestones for fundraising goals and add default or custom badges that your fundraisers can collect in their own digital trophy cases
- Offer refund rewards for fundraisers that reach a specific threshold of fundraising dollars
More Fundraising Features..
Central Kentucky Race Management a RunSignup Case Study
“The volunteer platform on RunSignup is a valuable asset because it’s a full-time job managing volunteers without it.” Included with every RunSignup account, it allows volunteers to register to help out with your race just like a participant. Race directors can separate volunteer duties by tasks and times, as well as assign task managers for each group of volunteers. CKRM then uses RunSignup’s email platform to communicate important race details to volunteers.
93.3% Increase in Transaction $ from 2018-2019
15.5K Unique Participants Since Starting with RunSignup
$28K Raised for Charity Partners in 2019
Prior to using RunSignup, DQ Events relied on several services for results, email marketing, registration, and websites. The company initially became interested in RunSignup when they saw how easily the platform integrates with various scoring services. The RunSignup platform has streamlined processes for DQ Events, allowing them to access all of their needs in one place.
15.9K Repeat Participants across all RunSignup Races
12 Triathlons + 40 Road Races a Year
100-4,000+ Range of Participants an Event
Advanced Running Project
Advanced Running Project relies on RunSignup’s multi-race bundle feature to turn individual races into a race series. The feature gets rid of the need to register for each race individually and allows participants to sign up for two or more races in a single transaction. ARP has seen an increasing amount of people utilizing this feature to create their own race series.
$1700 Raised for Charity across 5 Races
40.5% of Runners on Average Purchase a Multi-Race Bundle
1400 Participants across 5 Races in 2019
All the Latest News for Race Management Companies
Ryan Walsh Switches to RaceDay Scoring
Ryan Walsh with Bryn Mawr Racing talks about switching to RunSignp’s RaceDay Scoring timing software.Read More
Guest Timer: Matt Smeltzer from Competitive Timing
In this recorded webinar, we welcome Matt Smeltzer, founder of Competitive Timing, a Montana-based company that offers timing and other services for events, including rentals, arches, finish lines, personalized apps, and participant tracking. Matt shares the key factors that enabled his company to expand from managing 10 races to over 300.Read More
Refer a Friend to RunSignup
This holiday season, we’re happy to announce our first official Refer a Friend to RunSignup program. While many of our customers are recommended by existing customers who love RunSignup, we want to give a little gift to those spreading the word about…Read More
Tracking Equipment with Rental Essentials
One of the interesting topics at the RunSignup Symposium was a session on tools that people use. Ryan Griessmeyer from RaceDay Events raved about a tool he uses to track all of his equipment inventory from barriers to cones to timing mats and controllers – Rental Essentials….Read More
RaceDay Certified Timer Spotlight: Tony Sapp
Tony Sapp, owner of Negative Split Productions, shares his views on RunSignup’s RaceDay technology suite of products. Watch this video to hear his valuable insights on ways timers can create a competitive advantage through RunSignup’s RaceDay Suite. Negative Split Productions owns and operates…Read More
Interview with the Owners and Staff of 3W Races
Michelle and James Bettis have been in the endurance industry since 2011, when they founded their company 3W Races. They have been using RunSignup since 2012 and have been loyal customers since. Joining them in this interview is race director and timer Whitney…Read More
An Interview with Don Stoner of Runner’s High
Earlier this year we sat down with Don Stoner of Runner’s High Timing and Race Management. Based in Central Florida, Runner’s High manages nearly 40 events throughout the year. Through Runner’s High, Don does everything from timing to managing races by Runner’s High…Read More
Interview with Brad McCleary of Bodies Race Company
Bodies Race Company is an event production company out of Kansas City that recently franchised to spread out across the country. We sat down to talk to their President Brad McCleary to talk about how they use RunSignup to support and manage franchises…Read More
The Demise of a Race Management Company
As we have talked about in the past, one of the real concerns for our market is the cancellation of races and race management companies going out of business. Final Kick Events just posted this blog saying: Final Kick Events is shutting down.This…Read More
Improved Race Search
As part of our new website redesign, we have upgraded the search for races on the home page. With RunSignup’s increasing popularity, more and more endurance athletes are going to our website to do a search and we want to make this…Read More
Sports Backers Transitions to RunSignup
Sports Backers made the transition to RunSignup’s event management platform in 2018 to provide seamless registration to participants across its outdoor fitness events, better engage the Richmond community, and manage event day operations. RunSignup, the leader for registration, promotion, and event management in…Read More
Partner Dashboard Improvements
We have added some nice features for Partners with multiple races to give them better visibility across those races. Compare Races allows you to pick up to 10 races to compare on a single chart. This is on the Dashboard -> Compare…Read More